And at our house that means we have room for some of these:
- Baking some bread (again, from The Italian Dish’s recipe);
- Watching the smallest among us explore his space and his (distressingly loud) new lion roar;
- Making smoothies (yoghurt, banana, frozen raspberries and peaches, oj) and trying them out on the baby-who-might-we-hope-to-god-be-outgrowing-his-dairy-intolerance;
- Carefully assisting the drinking of said smoothies and cleaning up as we go;
- Appreciating Ezra’s careful pronunciation of “tusks” and “scientists,” complete with his gloat that he can, in fact, pronounce difficult words like “tusks” and “scientists”;
- Discussing (with Len, lest you mistake my childrens’ early interests) austerity and Warren Buffett’s idea about managing the federal debt and generally airing our concerns about the future of our economy;
- Contemplating what if any further seed-starting should happen today, now that we’ve got the tomatoes, parsley, dahlias, zinnias, and marigolds underway;
- Revising my new work-management plan, which is basically a chart with the five categories of “work”-type stuff as columns and a range of different projects or tasks below — my strategy is to use this to keep the responsibilities before me, and to commit to checking off at least ONE of the things in each column weekly. I’m curious, in this first week, to see where the check-marks naturally fall. If you’re interested, I can post the chart;
- Planning a new blog post on getting things done, based on a little facebook research I did recently…I figure if there are strategies that are shared by freelance techies; writers with full-time day jobs; perpetually curious students; professors with serious media addictions; and moms with multiple jobs, both paid and creative — well, then, perhaps they are useful strategies. Worth a shot.
- Wondering if it is going to snow about an inch every day for the next two months like it has for the last week or so. I am weary of the overcast.
What are you up to today?
Uh, oh, I have to go. I’m under assault by a parasaurolophus. Right here on my desk. It roars.